Thursday, 6 March 2014

Welcome!!

Hey guys,
 
My name is Emily and I am 20 years of age. I live approximately 50 minutes north of Mackay  in a small town known as Mt Pelion. There I live on acreage with my beautiful family consisting of my two parents, Joanne and Russell and two younger sisters Kate and Dana. Family is of high value to me and our family has its fair share of battles which in turn have brought us even closer together.  We are a bunch of fun-lovin', kick back relaxing country bumpkins and enjoy the what the bush has to offer! My sisters and I love the outdoors; swimming in creeks, driving bush bashers and well ya can't beat listening to Luke Bryan during a tractor ride with dad!
 
Although we all get on great, I do have my own individual passions and ambitions in life. Finishing school two years ago I made the decision to study Medical Science Specialisation via distance through Mackay CQU campus. Whilst doing that I was working part time at a small club called Seaforth Bowls Club. Eventually after a year so I was asked to work alongside the manager of the club assisting her in the book work side of things and the everyday running of the club. It was here I was lucky enough to learn how to do most things - wages, super, bills, reconciliations, you name it!!
It was this experience that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED and what gave the courage to 'take a leap of faith'!

At the start of this year I changed my degree to a Bachelor of Business - specialising in accounting and hopefully management later on. I also resigned at the bowls club and have began a new endeavour working as a finance assistant at Mackay Grande Suites. Although the drive is a pain, I couldn't be happier with the experiences and opportunities arising in my new job. So far I am enjoying studying Business whilst working full time. At times it is challenging but hey what country bumpkin doesn't enjoy a bit of 'hard yakka'!!
 
Below are some random pictures of friends, family and good times! Check it out!!

Until the next blog...



My Parents and I at my graduation


Mum, Dana, myself and Kate at Brisbane.

My sistets and I at Kates graduation 2013. Doesnt she look beautiful!!

My sisters and dad - Christmas 2013. Lots of family laughs over a BBQ!! 

My lovely best friend Zach and I. Sadly he passed away in 2012, a year after graduating school.

My beautiful best friends at my 18th. Rachel, Zach, Andrew and Stewie.

Dana and myself hanging out on a cane bin.

My sisters and my friends snorkelling at Whitehaven beach. AMAZING!!






 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emily

    Great start to your blog - and great introduction of yourself. And exciting to see you developing a growing sense of your passions and interests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,

    What a beautiful way for us all to get to know you. I loved seeing all your photos. I can only imagine driving 50minutes to work every day and back again.
    Good luck with your studies, it is great to hear you have found your passion in life.

    Check out my blog: http://andreadavis21.blogspot.com.au/

    Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily

    It's great that you have found something that you are passionate about! Best of luck with your change of degree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Emily,
    I really happy to visit your blog. you start it with a best and interesting way. best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily!

    I really loved your introduction post. It was great! As Stacy mentioned above, it is so great that you have found something that you are passionate about and are working towards.

    I am looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete